Parents only want the best for their children. For some, that means enrolling their children in top performing schools, buying high-quality stuff, or meticulously choosing what to cook. As much as possible, we work hard to give our children the things they needed. Though we differ in parenting styles, we are all the same in one thing: making our children happy and healthy.
Talk about making our children happy and healthy, us parents are quick in curing the sickness (such as fever, cough and cold) of our kids. We immediately consult health professionals, buy essential medicines, and let our child take a rest. However, when it comes to oral health, things are not the same.
According to dentists in Makati, many parents are guilty of not taking their kids to dental clinics. Most of them think that brushing the teeth is enough to maintain good oral health. Some parents even extract the tooth of their child using bare hands and threads. Unfortunately, this act imposes more risk than comfort. With that, dentists highly encourage parents to take their kids to dental clinics. Here are the reasons why:
- It is a must.
Studies show that the primary teeth typically begin growing around 6 months of age. Dental professionals in Makati say that it is advisable to take your child to a dental clinic as early as age 1 or within six months after the first tooth shows. Doing this will:
- Ensure good oral health
- Aid them in speech development
- Protect their teeth and gums (against possible complications)
- Promote a healthy smile
- Prevent further dental issues
Moreover, a dentist visit is a great opportunity for parents to learn how to best care for their children’s teeth. Plus, they can ask for orientations about the proper use of brushes, flosses and sealants which will benefit their children in the long run.
- It is safer.
As mentioned earlier, some parents handle their children’s tooth extractions by using bare hands and threads. This is inadvisable because doing so induce a high risk of infection and further complications. Besides, the teeth and gums of kids are sensitive. It is much better to let a professional do dental work as they will use the right tools with high regards to hygiene and patient’s comfort.
- Dentists know best.
When it comes to handling a child’s oral health issues, there’s no doubt that dentists know best. After all, they are experts in this field. Pediatric dentists in Makati know how to welcome kids to their dental clinics very well. They understand that when it comes to treatments, some kids:
- Are afraid of pain
- Have a history of painful experiences
- Feel anxious about dental tools
- Will throw temper tantrums
Therefore, pediatric dentists practice many techniques and possess qualities to ease the jitters of kids. Here are some:
- Friendly Demeanor – Dentists use a friendly voice when explaining or demonstrating the procedure. They also use body language, such as a simple smile to create a lighter atmosphere and eliminate the fear of children.
- Distraction – Dental professionals may tell happy stories while at work to divert the child’s attention away from the dental tools and treatment. This act makes children feel comfortable and lighthearted.
- Sedation – For tantrums, the dentist may administer sedatives to help the child relax.
Parents want the best for their children. On the other hand, dentists want the best for oral health. Hence, it’s crucial to have good communication that will build trust among parents, dentists and the child is a must.
What are you waiting for? Contact the top dental clinic in Makati today and get the best care for your child’s oral health.